Saturday, August 22, 2009

Emergency Documents

Emergency Documents

The purpose of this document is to help you have copies of important papers in one place in the event you need them quickly (i.e. evacuation, lost wallet, death). You may consider putting them in a plastic bag possibly in a fire safe. Consider putting them on a flash drive.

Copy of wallet or purse contents
Drivers license
Credit/debit cards
Health insurance cards
Birth certificates
Marriage license
Death certificate
Divorce decrees
Adoption records
ID cards (school, military employer)
Passports: State Department Passport Services 202-955-0430
Voter registration cards
Social Security cards
Immunizations and Blood Type
Medical records and Allergies
Life insurance policies
Military papers (especially discharge) VA: 1-800-827-1000 or TTY 800-829-4833
School Records
Home Owners policy
Household inventory
Deeds, Mortgage, lease papers
Car loan or title
Recent pay stub
House loan or title
Wills, living will, trusts
Citizenship papers 1-800-375-5283
Recent picture of family
Tax returns IRS: 800-829-1040 ( three most recent years)
Patriarchal blessing
Genealogy (paper copy, disc or flash drive)
Page of passwords, account numbers and pins
Page of important phone numbers and contacts (see evacuation plan)
Family names, phone numbers,
Friends names, phone numbers
Neighbors names, phone numbers
Calling card number and pin number
Bank accounts (Checking/Saving), phone #, acct number, password
Safety deposit box, location
Credit cards, acct number, phone #
Student loan name, phone number, account number
Car loan name, phone number, account number
House loan name, phone number, account number
401k name, phone number, account number
If in the military, spouse should have at least 5 copies of travel orders and itinerary.
Court orders (divorce, child custody, child support)
Have an extra set of keys for house and car
Add your spouses’ name to all accounts

No comments:

Post a Comment