Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Sweet Tea Anyone?

As I sit here all warm and toasty while the storm rages outside, I can't help but reflect on what I learned this week with two winter storms including Winter Storm Jonas (January 22, 2016).  When the storms were less than 12 hours away I went to the store.  I had never been to a store in the South (Kentucky/Tennessee) before a storm, but two thoughts came to my mind, hurricane and Black Friday.  (photo courtesy of weather.com)

While everyone was polite (Southerners are just that way-bless their souls), waiting in line is not how most of us envisioned spending our evening.  There was a hint of impatience in the air.   I've never spent a winter in the South.  They can have bad ice storms.  Snow removal isn't as frequent so they don't have as many snow plows.  Drivers used to the beautiful southern climate can be surprised when driving in snow.


But the lesson that was reinforced in my mind was when you are prepared, you experience peace.  Everyone will experience the same storm, but the journey can be very stressful for some while others can sit back, enjoy a glass of southern sweet tea or a cup of hot cocoa.  We decide our destiny.

Have a wonderful and warm cup of cocoa.
Your friend, Gist 
                            

No comments:

Post a Comment